I did it. My first, decent painting. No, it wasn’t on canvas, or on paper or anything. I didn’t even use paint and a brush. With a little something called technology, I produced it, using Sumo Paint Tool. (You should really check it out: http://www.sumopaint.com/home/)
It’s a picture of Mount Fuji with a little Sakura branch hanging out in the fore ground.
Here’s what I did:
- First, I did the Sakura branch. With the Dry Brush on 30px, I drew the branch.
- Then, I used a combination of the Dry Brush and Brush 2 with a soft pink and just dotted them around the branch, for about 10-15 minutes.
- After that, Then I opened a new page and started the mountain. I created the outline using Brush 2 and used a bluish gray. Then I just went wild with the interior, using different bluish grays.
- Next, I used square select and copy pasted the branch onto the mountain. Then I used a bluish gray (the same as the out line) and filled in the parts that got cut out by my terrible cut and pasting.
- Lastly I did some finishing touches, added my little signature, et voila.
I hope you like it as much as I did.